Hi Poly Render Test

AVTPro

Thanks for the birthday wishes :) I appreciate it.

Maybe it's not high enough polycount. I'll have to do a denser mess if I want to get a good reading on the render time and polycount.

Actually, the render speed is too fast for me to do a screen grab..

Screenshot2010-06-18at44951PM.png

This is only a face, so maybe it's not high enough. I'll try out putting again.

It has UVs tho. :) Maybe that will help. Best I can do is One second. even at 1920px :)

EiasZB.jpg

You can't fool me Tomas...you are trying to turn me into a Renderer Person !! :)

But yes, I tried that already. Still super fast. Way faster than Maya with two depth maps.

I may tried polypainting instead. I haven't done it before.

I love Zbrush, but we don't always have to use low poly maps in EI. If we are just rendering a still just skip it.

meshres-1.jpg

BTW, I have to fix the lips. I hadn't done this kind of work in a long time in ZB so I forget to turn on symetry when retopolozing the cage. So I only have one half of low cage for the face. I took the cage in Maya with GoZ and duplicated then exported the full cage to ZB again.

The project all feature in ZB like me KitBash the face to get the resolution again. It just BLOWS ME AWAY how much the technology has changed over the years.

OK. I don't know about GI Renders much but I put two or 3 bounces and the light, and then up the resolution to Sub5 (900,000)..still only a few seconds.

It's a much denser mesh that the one above.

TestRes1.jpg

I did a blackberry phone render. I think the shaders is what takes the most time.

This is ZB cage. FBX import is really great. Maybe i will clean up the model and paint it tonite but it's just sketch.

cage1.jpg

Hi AVTPro Thanks for posting , I did one test bringing in a model from Zbrush 2 a few years ago . I have zbrush 3 and plan on trying new tests soon want to try that uv master. Any way looks great so far and Happy Birthday

Mark

Hey Mark.

I love UVMaster. Eventhough I'm waiting on pins and needles for a 3.5 or 4 release of ZB for Mac, UVMaster is a major workflow solution.

I have this head UV already and it took no time. I'm thankful of that because eventhough I have a good UV workflow in Maya, UVs in ZB first are much simpler and faster. I just use Maya to correct minor layout preferences.

BTW, I thought you were selling off ZB licenses on CGTalk or was that someone else.

Hey Mark,

It's a matter of preference. To be honest, sometimes I break the connection, or have some minor glitch so I use one when I usually may use the other.

Like in this instance, I use O2F from export but usually I use Maya FBX.

I think OBJ maybe be a bit slower than Maya FBX but since I have the OBJ from ZB, I just skip a step. Sometime I crash GoZ and use OBJ.

EI.jpg

AVT.jpg

G1.jpg

Is there a way to read the Camera logs to see render times in detail?

Hey Reg,

Render times are usually fast to screen cap. There may be a log but I don't know where it would be. I needed really quick test renders so I just output it to Ei as a hiRes and click Occlusion.

Mission-ONE.jpg

shot.jpg

face.jpg

4M-1.jpg

This is four Million, I could barely cap the screen. It was like one sec.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks a lot for your support Felix. I am looking forward to res'n these models down so I can rig them. I hope EIAS continues to develop plugins like Encage (texture smoothness). I would like to focus on as many new characters, rigs, animations and DVDs as I can do.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi AVTPro Yeah that was someone else . I noticed they have the go Z working for modo now so I will have to set that up to since I have modo. Do you bring your models into EIAS from maya or Zbrush , just wondering which would work best or is there no difference.

Mark

Hey guys,

I seem to have a lot of with CGtalk moderating lately. I was never appointed a moderator there, I am in no way responsible for the lack of activity in the forum. Matter of fact I even got banned again for stating why. I did the challenge inspite of being blacklisted and I am still gettning blacklisted. I'm going to do my own thing for a while. You can find me on facebook if anyone needs me. AVT Pro 3D.

This is my last post for a while. Yes, I am still and EIAS user.

woh, that should come with an adults only warning - great model Alonzo, who was your model inspiration :-)

James

Sorry Geordie it was for the CGTalk Challenge. I am not longer an active member there.

KBS-Frazetta-Shi-LG.jpg

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=904810

AVT_EIAS_Shi.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

Time for something a little TAMER than Ninja Babe.

This is a toon that I started over the weekend. It was originally from a cartoon sketch. No sure who the artist was.

It's a quick Zbrush doodle with animation geometry flow lines. I still have to clean this up, so it's a WIP but I need to move on to another project.

The right finger, left ear and two toes need work, but the form and mesh is positive.

I will clean it up, UV map it and texture.

Animator: lo Res

EIAZToon.jpg

ZBRUSH: Low Res and Hi-Res Geo.

HiandLo.jpg

Camera: Low Res no Encage.

EIAZtoonR.jpg

This EIAS render has no bump or displacement, It's just smooth Geo and a few nicks, for what I come back to it. This took a couple of days instead of a week. Also, the design of the character wasn't planned out specifically in a character model sheet. Just 3/4 view, so I did some experimenting with the character design. I may sharpen the geometry in the nose and eyes and animate in EI as a low res as is

Crits welcomed. Thanks.

AVT