Is this a bug or just me?

WHD

Hi All,

I have a project and I'm rigging an aircraft to lower gear open gear doors that sort of thing. I did this last week and had no issues with another model. Today I'm trying to align the rotation to a landing gear door and I open the joint editor and adjust the alignment via translation and that works fine but when I try to adjust the axis angle by rotating the axis of the joint rotation in the joint editor the part I'm adjusting goes flying off of the model. Is this me or a bug? If I have done something how do I correct it? I have been doing this sort of thing for years and have not had this issue before. Could just be the model that I'm using I suppose which was imported via .obj2 fact from a Max model originally.

Doing adjustments in the joint editor window is not supposed to change the positions of objects in space. Only their pivot points. Any thoughts?

Bill

Ola Bill,

Weird behavior, please look the settings of your particular model, everything is in default? Transform (standard), Rotation Order (ZXY), Link Type, Link Alignment Orientation (Z is Z)..

Try to compare with any other model which you always did and were working..

Did modified any Axis in the Modify Axis window?

Do you have any XPressionist script in your project? or Any constrain enabled?

If not works, send a simple prj to us..

Thanksss

Tom

Hi Tomas,

I checked and Transform is (standard), Rotation Order (ZXY), Link Type started as free and was changed to custom (lock all but X rotation), Link Alignment Orientation (Z is Z)..

No axis modifications unless O2Fact counts. No scripts or constraints.

I reverted to an older version of project and left link type as free and issue was still present. I had Turbosquid export the model 2 ways for access to ungrouped parts and another version of the same model does not have the issue right now. It is just that the position of the item I'm trying to rig is so off center in that version that getting it to work would be a lot of trouble.

I will try to minimize the project file to the offending part and a contiguous section of the model. See if the issue still occurs and then send it over when I get a chance.

Bill