How to get color streaks From projection lights

Mark Johnston

Hi Everyone I 'am trying to get a image to project colored light rays out of a light. I have a lesson that shows steps for this but they don't work for me. It just shows setting up a glow putting an image in and enable rays checked and it shows streaks of colored light coming from the spotlight. I get volumetric shadow when I do glow with rays on but when I put in the image it just projects the image on to objects and the color coming from the glow settings just stays on and is what you see and I don't get colored light rays. Any idea whats wrong?

Thanks Mark

Hi Everyone I 'am trying to get a image to project colored light rays out of a light. I have a lesson that shows steps for this but they don't work for me. It just shows setting up a glow putting an image in and enable rays checked and it shows streaks of colored light coming from the spotlight. I get volumetric shadow when I do glow with rays on but when I put in the image it just projects the image on to objects and the color coming from the glow settings just stays on and is what you see and I don't get colored light rays. Any idea whats wrong?

Thanks Mark

Hi yep thats it and its a shame cause it looks like it could be some fun. It was a lesson from the vtc eias 7 course I was first looking at , but as I was looking for answer I saw and opened that tutorial you mention and same conclusion it doesn't work. Another Question does shadow fall off in raytrace soft shadow work cause I tried all kinds of amounts in that box and saw no effect , and I think I heard it doesn't work.

Thanks Mark

Hi yep thats it and its a shame cause it looks like it could be some fun. It was a lesson from the vtc eias 7 course I was first looking at , but as I was looking for answer I saw and opened that tutorial you mention and same conclusion it doesn't work. Another Question does shadow fall off in raytrace soft shadow work cause I tried all kinds of amounts in that box and saw no effect , and I think I heard it doesn't work.

Thanks Mark

Guest supernova

Tomas admitted its not addressed.. then you render it in a pass... use some mattes and colorization filters... rather easy actually... not sure why you would need the 3d app to do it... other than reflections or other environmental issues... EI is awesome in many areas... learn to use other skills for other looks....

Guest supernova

Tomas admitted its not addressed.. then you render it in a pass... use some mattes and colorization filters... rather easy actually... not sure why you would need the 3d app to do it... other than reflections or other environmental issues... EI is awesome in many areas... learn to use other skills for other looks....