Dare I say "Realtime renders"

Hi all

I am seeing a trend in some case in the CGI world towards supposed "Realtime Rendering." I am not really sure how it works but for a production environment it seems to be the next step allowing the creative artist to have more freedom in the process rather than trying to optimise things for the sake of the client.

I know recently we had a request to have "realtime render" so the client could come in and basically feel good about themselves!

I know the renderer in EIAS is fast, and on many occasions has saved me, but it would be great to have, at least, better quality texture previews, lighting and even transparency & reflections that are relatively fast, to help any workflow.

If this was something that EIAS were thinking then I think it would definitely be of interest not only to the EI users but also the greater CGI community. What would be the possibilities of implementing this type of thing in EIAS?

Thanks

Ash