plug in's

David

Hi to all,

I have two things about Plug-in's.

1. Where are the plug in's like Rodeo, MrFont... in EIAS 8. Why are not included? Is it possible to make a link here for download all relevant plug-in's for EIAS 8?

2. When I try open ParametricSurface.plm from Plugin menu, I get this message, which talk about "plug-in's interface from Project Window". Where/What is this?

post-157-13269393610976_thumb.png

Hi David,

Prior to the new ownership arrangements of EIAS there was a disagreement of some sort between the former owners, EITG and Ramjac software the owners of Rodeo and Xpressionist . As a result they were not included in EIAS 8. If you had EIAS 7 you can transfer those plug-in files to EIAS 8 and they will work in 8. If not you need to contact Ramjac about licensing those plug-ins. I know that the ParametricSurface plugin uses Xpressionist for some functions. This is probably why you are having trouble with it.

I recall a Mr Font from quite a while ago. It may no longer be available as a plug-in .Not sure. EIAS does have a font handling feature built in that works in many cases.

There is a list of vendors for EIAS plug ins here:

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=186&t=311641

Plug ins that have been developed or improved by the new owners of EIAS are posted on this forum here:

http://www.eias3d.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19

Hope this helps,

Bill