Antoher simcloth question

antknee

HI All,

Ian would you mind if I may ask you a question about something you said regarding simcloth and mrs. bebel recently.?

I don't have mrs. bebel but would consider getting it if I could give the cloth a slight edge thickness, you mentioned it being possible, could you explain, a little, how you would go about this, please?

Also have a general one for anyone about simcloth. If I wanted to make a banner type object that floated, ie never fell according to gravity, if I turn gravity to a super low setting and the particle mass low and air drag higher will that work? I have done a few simulations but was wondering if i am chasing something that isn't possible!!!!!

Thanks so much! Sorry for my rambling questions!!!

Hi Antknee,

It's pretty easy, here's the set up (post simulation).

Thin cloth: http://homepage.mac.com/cake_or_death/ThinClothH264.mov

Thick cloth: http://homepage.mac.com/cake_or_death/ThickClothH264.mov

Hope that helps,

Ian

Hi ian,

thanks so much for the speedy reply and the examples. I assume from the attached jpeg that the set-up requires the sphere not to be a child of the simcloth plug-in

and the plane to be the only child of the simcloth plug, then the simcloth plug becomes a child of mrs. bebel!

Just got my 8.0 disc today and am looking forward to trying out some of the new shaders and lights and everything else! Nice one! and thanks again for your help!!!

kindest regards

Anthony

HI all,

another question if i may about simcloth and the texturing of the plane or cloth child. When I add a shader/texture to the plane it crashes animator. Anyone know why??

Am using 8.0 and simcloth 1.1. I originally made the project in 6.5 and collected it for 8.0 and deleted the resources as advised on forum. Also the anisotropic shader seems to be broken as a camera map in 8.0 (have updated too), any suggestions????

Thanks all for any help you may offer, always happens whaen you are on a deadline!!!

Anthony

Ola Anthony,

Please, Do a screen grab of your settings from EIAS 6.5 proj.

On EIAS 8, delete the SimCloth build and add a new one (1.1), do the same in your new Universal binary shader..

Deleting old plug-ins and shaders from old EIAS versions, only replacing manually the values are the best way to avoid imcompability when they appear, in many cases, everything works fine, since EIAS 6.5 changed to Universal Binary on Version 6.6, lots of changes was done in all EIAS code.

After this, only anable or desable shares or textures in the render window to seel if you have another Old shader giving you prb or its a corrupted texture.

Thanksss

Tom

Hi Tomas,

thanks for replying! Hope you are well.

It seems to be a problem with the anisotropic shader, it's not working in 8.0 or 7.0 and I have used the update on the EI site. The procedural window does not open and the shader has no effect? i got the simcloth simulation to run fine but the surface I am using relies on the anisotropic shader as a camera map to work!

edit: I have done another test and when I apply any shader to the "plane' or cloth it quits animator!

Any ideas?

Anthony