Simcloth flag sample project??

antknee

Hi everyone,

having some real fun with simcloth so thanks so much for it!!1

I am playing around with the flag sample project that came with simcloth and have a few questions, hoping someone here could help me out, please!

The cylinder and plane are children of the simcloth group, the plane is a child of the cylinder. In Ian's new tutorial both the cylinder and the plane are linked to the simcloth group and indented the same, is this to do with the update to 1.1 or is it just the same to the plug whether they are children of each other or not.

MY REAL QUESTION IS.....

Is it just a matter of dragging and rotating the cylinder to make the plane animate according to the simcloth parameters or do I need to drag and rotate the simcloth group. Sorry if I sound stupid, the project is confusing me just now,

I am not that familiar with the plugin! If someone could understand what I am asking it would help me on end!!!! Thanks in advance to anyone!!! :-)

Ola Antknee,

- 1.0 and 1.1 are the same plug-in, only with bug fixes, 1.1 release have prj files to EIAS 8 with a new manual and video tutorials.

You need to move the cylinder and the cloth will follow, togheter with Air Drag parameter.

Remember in the manual and video tutorial.

1) Turn off the Sim Cloth plug-in

2) look the Plane Ubershape plug-in strenght tab

3) You will see 2 painted maps (Hard Fix and Soft Fix)

4) both Hard Fix & Soft Fix are enabled in the plug-in, these options made the Plane (Flag) follow the cylinder motion and make the Right side of the plane stay fixed in the cylinder.

Thanksss

Tom

Hi guys,

am working on the project and am trying to add a shader (anisotropic) to the specular channel of the plane (cloth) this actually makes Animator (6.6) quit! Is this a known bug? I ended up adding it as a camera map. Just thought I would let you know, I am using version 1.0 though so maybe it's not an issue any more! Waiting for my upgrade to come!!! ;-)

(mac OS 10.3.9 G5 EI Animator 6.6)