Mforge

Tango

Hi,

I have run into problems setting-up Mforge with v8 on a MacBookPro osX 10.5.8. The main issue had to do with the lack of installation info, although Mforges ships with lots of documentation and tutorials. I reported rendering black frames, Ian suggested that it may be encoded for the wrong dongle. The Igors got me a different build and I can now render with the shader. Nice, but there are still some issues specially using the preset materials.

With some materials, Camera reports an error, it can't find "RampBase.shd". I don't have such a shader and don't know if I should try to get it or just forget about the materials using it. Not such a big deal.

Sometimes, a preset material will render black. I can get it to render properly by adjusting the diffuse color. Just a wiggle, it seems to (wake it up) allow it to render.

Another one is the missing "Reflection/Blur" map. If I locate it, it fails to render, but if I select a different map, like "Reflection Image", it works fine. As if it didn't like the blurred image. Both files are "EIAS animation files" but when I toggle the "Native Image/Shader Files" option, the requested file is greyed-out.

The reflection maps used in the creation of the preset materials, were located in a specific volume. The program loses the path to these maps when I use the preset materials. It's a small annoyance, is there a way to fix this other than selecting each one, re-assigning the map and re-saving the file?

Presets are not necessary but they are a great way to get up to speed. I am getting there, slowly but getting there.

Christian

Hello Christian

"Reflection/Blur" is a popular issue. With moving to Universal Binary the file path convention was changed by Apple, the symbol "/" is now a path separator and old files with such name could not be opened. Please rename it (for example into "Reflection_Blur") and re-save material.