question about assigning map strength to bone

S. Houtzager

Have always wondered how you asign a strength map to a bone that is part of a skeleton of bones.  In this pic I have a person that is just one unified mesh.  I painted a weight map.  I have built the skeleton of bones and attached it to the mesh.  Now how to assign the strength map to the bone? I have looked at the strength map editor but don't see how to assign the map.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7wnajpxeybbm1dw/strengthmap.png?dl=0

Hi Steven,

If you select the bones in the project window and the strength map in the dialog, the "Attach bones" button should become active. Then you should be attach the selected bones to your specific strengh map by clicking the button.  Afterwards you can test to see which bones are selected to the Strength map by selecting the strength map and using the "Select Bones" button to highlight the bones that are attached to it.

I fully go over skinning and strength map in my ReadyRigs "SkinMan" DVD.  It's available download at a discount for only $45.