Few Proposals (mostly rendering issues)

rvlna

1 - when collecting project files - update all links within the project file with the created folders ...

2 - sketchup importer ? (using 3ds file format is boring.... you are bound to import material / layers separately...)

3 - DOF layer shader compatible with sliced still rendering using renderama

4 - Blurred transparency (at least using a Layer shader ?)

5 - Does GI Sky illumination can be approximated in the EI camera window ? (at least like if there was a dome light ... so you don't have to put a light when there's none)

6- would be nice to have the model seen in the world reflexion map window (so you can see how to put the map) Did you notice : when using same sky as Roto background + Reflexion map they have to be 180° turned !

7-better material preview in the material window : show texture + choice of cube/ball, etc with size parameters (can't we have something better than this old fashioned ball in front of a checker board ????)

8 - I never understood why the image texture map size (texture window) is REAL SIZE / SIZE of MAP in PIXELS while the shader map size works differently : could it be just the real size of the model ?

1. Nice idea

2. Sketchup import via Obj or 3DS is pretty good, but obviously direct importers are always better ;)

3. We have some ideas here ;)

4. We'd like to see this too

5. Yes this is a very tricky area, but we need to discuss details

6. I think there is a mapping mode to compensate for this, I will check

7. We have some ideas here

8. I'm not sure I understand this..

Thanks for your ideas :)

Ian

Number 1 is more than a nice idea -- it's been a source of my hair loss for many years.

I've wondered why EIAS can't look inside folders it creates for missing .FACT or assets. When you choose to "collect" a project you have the options for EIAS to automatically create a number of folders to help organize the assets. Why EIAS doesn't naturally 'look' into these folders when it's missing something is beyond me. It is, however, a ROYAL pain to constantly have to select missing files (sometimes I'll get a couple dozen, or more, small projects handed to me from an artist to do additional work on... and I have to go through that monkey routine EVERY time). Otherwise it's not really that big of a deal... my was going to go bald eventually anyway.