New Music Video Clip

Tomas Egger

Ola,

This is a music video clip I did for two George's, my father, a great Brazilian art director which opened my mind for visuals and when I was 8, introduced me to another George, the one which made me dream with Sci-Fi and Fantasy. 
All done with Electricimage, After Effects and Photoshop.
Hope you like my humble way to say "thanks" to both George's.
Tomas Egger

https://vimeo.com/eias3d/troopers

• Like 3

Ola Tom! 

Good job, I love the lighting and very well made materials, the cool sexy female troopers with belly dance and breakbeat, congratulation to you!

Also the very well done instrument models from Reuben.

One day you have time would be nice to know the lighting setup  used in this scenario. 

Congratullations to all the Team.

Cheers

Diego

Ola Diego!

The main difference about my setup and Adaptive Sky Map is: I have bounced colors in the groups of my scene, Adaptive Sky Map doesn't do that.

And pay attention in the Sun light / Photon tab / Energy Bias, the default is 0.65 and I am using 0.9, this increase the bounced color.

Second, Making Parallel light (Sun) bigger, Size U and V (emission area), also improve the Bouncing color.

All these tricks make the render more realistic.

Hope that helps

Thanks

Tom

Ola Diego!

The main difference about my setup and Adaptive Sky Map is: I have bounced colors in the groups of my scene, Adaptive Sky Map doesn't do that.

And pay attention in the Sun light / Photon tab / Energy Bias, the default is 0.65 and I am using 0.9, this increase the bounced color.

Second, Making Parallel light (Sun) bigger, Size U and V (emission area), also improve the Bouncing color.

All these tricks make the render more realistic.

Hope that helps

Thanks

Tom

Hi Tom,

I tested your lighting settings, it is wonderful! What you say about bounced colors it is really cool.

This way of lighting scenes eliminates black in shadows and replaced it with color, it is much more realistic.

Thank you very much for share it and explain how it works.

I have Just a question about it: How is the subdivisions number in the hemisphere that contains the lighting image working? I made tests and the more subdivision in the hemisphere I use, I get more definition in the shadows and bumps.

Please can you explain a little bit?

Thanks

Diego

Ola Dieguito!

imagine, each polygon of the hemisphere represent one area light, so, if you increase the subdivision, you have more and more area lights next each other, giving the shadows more definition and better bumps in consequence, understand?

so, in my particular case I needed to balance the hemisphere subdivision and the amount of polygons in my scene, the full scene had 10 million polys I guess, need to check again ;)

thanks

tom

• 1 year later...

Ola Jean!

Fully motion capture, the "band" playing I recorded a few years ago for a specific project, but all dance and the troopers dancing I got free on Mixamo.com website ;)

its easy to use motion capture on EIAS and it will become easier in the next upgrade ;)

Mixamo tutorial

Motion capture to keyframes tutorial

thanks

tom