Animator 64 Bit priority

Thomo

Ola Brian!

- Animator 64 bits will allow users to handle a huge amount of data in the main application, the limits will be your hardware ram.

- lets remember one of ours EIAS3D main goals, bring new built-in tools which don't rely in 3rd party tools.

- the 3rd party tools which we support will be updated to 64 bits too, not only for rendering, which many of them already are.

thanks

tom

Edited by Tomas Egger
  • Like 1

Hi,

Yes my apologies Tomas.

For me it is "scenes" crashing constantly because Animator cannot "hold" them.

Camera 64 is great, a dream. Getting it there, to Camera, is a mind mess.

EIAS is not at 64 bit. So it will keep crashing for the sole reason it is not 64 bit.

More years not sure when? Not sure if makes it just too difficult to compete anymore.

EIAS has all the right tools (for Arch Viz), but can't really camera animate scenes effectively.

I'm up against clients seeing Lumion, Vue, Unreal Engine, etc.

I just know, if I can create the scene in EIAS it will do it, do it very well. It just can't "hold" the "data" before it gets to Camera 64. I would hope that EIAS at 64 bit would.

I am no expert. But I know the difference.

Thanks anyway, I've been trying since V9.0. Still not sure why EIAS has to load all the textures "upfront" as per 1995 though? Maybe something in that?

Like I say. I'm not expert. I speak to 'em and listen to 'em though!

Another year or two is a long way away. Let's see?

Best regards,

Ola Brian!

- Animator 64 bits will allow users to handle a huge amount of data in the main application, the limits will be your hardware ram.

- lets remember one of ours EIAS3D main goals, bring new built-in tools which don't rely in 3rd party tools.

- the 3rd party tools which we support will be updated to 64 bits too, not only for rendering, which many of them already are.

thanks

tom

great to hear! - I would vote for built-in versions of Placer Deposit, Dante, Contortionist, Mrs. Bebel - just to start. I am also sure you are coming up with super cool new tools as well.

thanks,

brian

Ola Brian!

zipped mouth ;) let's see!!

Greg, I know you are in Windows, which in my personal opinion give more Probs than Mac OS, but are you sure Animator is crashing because it's 32 bits? Really need a huge amount of Data to crash Animator, a lot more than 10million polys in Mac OS.

maybe you found a constant bug?

lets try to discover why?

in the project which crash, look the  statistic window and send me, after that find a reproducible step by step to make Animator crash!

I am almost sure it's a simple bug than a memory limit.

thanks

tom

Edited by Tomas Egger

Hi Tomas.

Jeepers, that old Chestnut! Mac V Win!

No need to tell you I spent 19 years working on Mac or the reason I changed to Win.

If it is a simple bug then I will send you files to test. Let's see.

I know what the memory report is so let's send that too and maybe we can fix it.

No need for me to be obtuse after so long my friend.

They will be big files. Handle it please.

Great to know it might be a simple bug!!

Many thanks,

Hi Thomo,

I am constantly driving projects 20-25 million polys in Animator then become 30- 45 million polys in Camera and I have no problems to handle. I can animate camera and objects perfectly.

Please, How big are the projects that Animator close to you?

Thanks

Diego

I think the biggest thing your doing is by far the BEST for EI.   Rebuilding the CORE APP.   Im not a programmer, but have dealt with enough of them to have

a good Idea why EI started to show its age....    Making EI's "Core" capabilities solid, modern and fast is simply "to ME" undeniably the smartest approach... its part 

of the reason I am far more patient this time around...  all I know is that doing this is a HUGE amount of work... but worth it.    I want to know tiny little hints etc like the rest of us.... 

but I'm convinced Tomas would do that if it aligned with their goals.            Some solid animation features and I'm pretty happy...    

• 3 weeks later...

I'm just gonna throw this in but it is not really so much about poly's.

So Diego 20mill, good, let's go back. 

I am asking about putting into the raytrace and camera "slots" an HDR map. Ok. let's make it small. 8000k wide.

Remembering  with sIBL. Good tool?

Then put models in... turn on phong.... #4 window...

EIAS crashes.

I'm not being picky. 

Maybe it will be figured out one day!

Ola Greg!

Here.. its sIBL which come with EIAS, 6000x3000, rotoscope, Raytrace, Adaptive Sky Map…
Viewports working fine, Material Window opened, Render done.. 
Btw.. If am I not wrong Quicktime player on the windows side (which was discontinued by Apple) have a limit to display a bigger size If I remember well.
We are looking a replacement.

Could you be more specific?

Thanks

Tom

6000.thumb.jpg.9c052542ba96896be8a5ae4ef
Edited by Tomas Egger