FBX Motion Capture, looping motion

Thomo

Hi,

I'm very new to this but I have had a look at Dave's tutorial but he doesn't explain how to animate a looping motion data set. it is an old tutorial.

He uses an aXYZ mocap and rigged human model.

I have a simple walking figure that runs for 24 frames, 1 sec. I want to set this on a path to basically walk around but it seems it is not as easy as it seems.

I am sure someone hear has a very simple explanation and it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Hi Tomas,

Thanks. That is what I have been using.

Like I said I am new to this.

I have downloaded the rigged model, walking for 24 frames. I now want to move the whole model and keep it walking for another 24 frames etc. etc. Just keep the same loop going but moving on a path.

I know this sounds really simple and I'm sure it is but I don't seem to be able to do this.

Edited by Thomo

• 2 weeks later...

Hi  Thomo, 

Mocap editing is usually best done in a mocap program like MotionBuilder. However, EIAS is very capable of making walk cycles as long as you want it to go. 

I just happened across an old site that has some tutorials I did on the subject several years ago. Basically once you have the timing of the forward moving keyframes you can copy and paste the distance very quickly on the global body control or COG. 

The tutorial is under "ReadyRigs instrustions".  It was my first CD with a repeating walk. 

http://electro303.paralumino.com/electro303/02-tech/Tutorial_bank/tips031-040/tips037/tips037-US.html

>>>Download (2,1 mb)

here's a sample image. Just keep the feet on the ground with a marker at the heel. . It shouldn't be too difficult if the walk is basically uniform. You may be able to use PathFinder or some other motion path editor, but I don't think it works without sliding. In a Mocap app like Mobu, the app magically knows how to loop walkscycles that are "in Place" loops. 

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f190/AVTPro/Screen Shot 2015-09-30 at 10.05.41 PM_zpsgu0p78fd.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-09-30%20at%2010.05.

Edited by AVTPro

• 1 month later...