Wireframe Render

JoeV

I'm rendering a car model that I imported as an OBJ. It's mesh is very dense -- is there a way to render a hidden line wireframe and be able to specify the density of the wires? Say, I only want 10 on the y and 20 on the x?

I started this project in another 3D program, but I always seem to end up back with EI, you don't appreciate how easy it is to manipulate objects and cameras until you have to use something else. Did you know that in some programs, you can't orbit the camera around an object unless you add a null and have the camera "look" at it.

Ola Joe,

Render wireframes in EIAS is pretty easy, but its not possible to show less polygons than the original model, only if you use some tool to decimate the mesh like LODe Stone from Blair.

http://www.northernlights3d.com/Products/LODe_Stone/LODe_Stone.html

Are you using transparent wireframe mesh or a white model with black lines? using a white model with black wireframe lines will hide the back side of your model.

Thanks

Tom

The only way you will get a wireframe render different to the actual models wires is to fake it... If you have the model UV'ed then texturing the model with an image of the UV wires can be made to look like a proper wireframe if you play around with the material (maybe using the texture as a luminance map on black). Has the advantage that you can erase any lines you like in photoshop though.

DaveW