moving renderama job to another master machine

verb

So, I'm hoping someone may be able to help.

I'm working off site for the holidays - obviously with my USB key. I've got a large job ready to render.

I've got my render machines back at my studio 1000 km's away (that's 1600 miles for some of you)

Can I set up a network job on one computer then move it to another computer to be the master?

I don't want to leave my laptop awake for the next 3 days, I can remote access my studio machines so would rather just leave them running while I lounge by the pool!

I answered my own question.

1. Collect all the job files into a folder using the "collect" function within animator

2. Create a new sparse disk image using "disk utility" (mac) make it a decent size it'll need to be big enough to take the final rendered files (sparse disk image mean's the actual image file will only be as large as the stuff you put on it but can contain as much data as you want - you need to set the size of the disk when you're setting it up in disk utility)

3. Put the collected job on the disk image

4. open the job from the disk image and setup your network render using the current machine you're working on, save the output file to the new disk image.

5. copy the disk image to the new master machine

6. copy the folder "eias app folder/renderama jobs/your new output job" to the same directory in the new master machine

7. open renderama and run the job

Note. if you're using the master to also render, you'll need to set this up as a slave - it won't work if you use the "local" slave option in renderama, this is because any shaders won't be found in the local machine because it'll have a different disk location to the original machine, where as actual slaves seem to have all files copied to perform the render.

• 2 months later...