the NEW MAC PRO monster and EI

supernovavfx

Wondering if EI can take advantage of the dual workstation gpu's that the new mac pro is coming with standard.

It seems like the trend is to leverage the power of the GPU's with the multiple processors in a machine with ultra fast ram and even ssd drives 2.5 x faster than standard ssd's.    Not being a programmer, is it a complete re write, or a possibility to have EI / Camera  take advantage of that speed.... or is it multithreaded cpu's only.  

I already see how awesome EI is with my new gtx 680 card as far as previewing and its now a joy to move around in huge files....  but is more to come or am I just nuts... lol... :)

EI rocks with this card Tomas....   the ssd helps a lot as well...   but EI always was snappy to open...  I just get great playback and

can view more things shaded etc....

on a side note...  My Reel was viewed on Creative Cow and  Today I just got offered a great opportunity for some consistent national tv work here in Hollywood...  I did samples

for them and got the gig....  I hope to use EI a lot for this really fast paced show... ill know a lot more later this week as the details are ironed out...  could be my biggest gig, fingers crossed... :)

• Like 2