Lifeforms 5.1

bbuxton

I'm looking to replace my ageing copy of MotionBuilder 7 std (the cheap one that worked on Mac before Autodesk killed it off) so that I can upgrade to Os X Mountain Lion when it is available. Whilst I could run it under bootcamp/parallels I understand that Credo's Lifeforms/Danceforms have been updated to work on Intel Macs & Lion. I think Tomas & Alonzo have used it in the past, so I thought I'd enquire here on how it measures up to my old MB7std or current 3d packages that have advanced a fair bit for CA over recent years. It's very cheap but it would need to offer more than what I have already (EIAS 8, LW 11, C4Dr13Studio, Modo 601, Daz etc.). Of course there is Mixamo too but I'm not so keen on using a web solution.

I should point out that my interest is for editing stock mocap rather than hand animation.

Ola bbuxton!

Im playing with Mixamo.com right now, take a look, you can upload your Character, create a mocap Rig automatically there and do some mocap edit too, after you are happy with the final motion, you can buy it and download a .bvh file which you can skin in your EIAS character.

Pretty easy and cool!

Btw: I have Life Forms 5.0 and Motion Builder 7std mac :)

Thanks

Tom

Ola,

Its the only one for Mac, Im still using Motion Builder 7.5 Extension_1 for Mac on Snow Leopard OSX :)

A long time they dont release a new Life Form version: http://www.charactermotion.com/

They just released a working version for OSX Lion 10.7.x

Life Forms had some interesting ways to solve Mocap files, but Motion Builder is more modern.

Thanks

Tom

Same here. I'm still using MotionBuilder 7 on Mac but Also MB on Window7 64bit. Still, There's so much I can get out of MotionBuilder 7 on Mac. I never delved fully in MB like I wanted to but I am hoping to do so this year. I use it with Endorphine which I also purchased last year. Once I get my own studio space I think I will do a lot more mocap.

I didn't know Autodesk has no plans to ever support MB on OSX but I guess it's obvious now.