Transporter

bwcc

I am having a problem with converting a model to FACT using Transporter.

I have a model built in Modo, with 2 vertex maps. I can use these to create a model for EIAS with 2 morph targets.

From within Modo, I freeze the model, then apply the appropriate vertex map, export the model as an obj. then convert it to a FACT in Transporter.

When I use Transporter I always have to "Combine Duplicate Coordinates", "Combine Multiple Groups" and "Merge co-incident edges" This usually works well on creating models to use as Morph targets. it maintains the number and order of polygons and vertices. Sometimes though, I have to also check "Fix Smooth Shading" to get the model to shade correctly in EIAS. But, for some reason this will result in a different number of vertices for each morph target. If the number of vertices changes, the models don't morph correctly.

Is there any reason why "Fix Smooth Shading" would change the number of vertices? The number of polygons remains consistent.

thanks

brian

Hello Brian

Is there any reason why "Fix Smooth Shading" would change the number of vertices? The number of polygons remains consistent.

Because FACT stores all info in vertices. FACT simplest cube has 24 vertices (3 per each corner). If we need different vertices normals at corners/edges, we must create extra vertices with same positions but different normals. Same with UV seams