EASY BASIC EI PART 7

Mark Johnston

There are ways to do it, often via browser addons that let you select the movie element and save it. There are several of those for Firefox. In Apple's Safari, you can locate the movie via the Activity window (it's quite noticeable while loading) and Alt-Click on it to save it to disk.

EDIT: aw, I was thinking Vimeo or Youtube, sorry. Mark's web hosts them as Quicktime movies, and the QT player allows for saving the files.

Hi I noticed on my computer safari lets me right click on the little arrow at the bottom right of the player and save as source which seems to mean quicktime mov.I was wondering how Tomas had saved them and put them on the vimeo page.

Mark

I think the main things will covered in 1 2 maybe 3 at most more videos and then I might cover each plugin in one set of videos that would not be posted until they where all done. And one set on all shaders. and one on all deformers.I have just been trying to upload part 11 getting error from apples server.

Mark

oh and BTW thanks for the comments.

In Windows IE8, I used Freecorder 4 to record from Vimeo or Youtube. But it doesn't get movs. Mark mentioned that there is a dropdown menu on his page, but on mine, the option to save is ghosted as I don't have Quicktime Pro.

Ross

There are ways to do it, often via browser addons that let you select the movie element and save it. There are several of those for Firefox. In Apple's Safari, you can locate the movie via the Activity window (it's quite noticeable while loading) and Alt-Click on it to save it to disk.

EDIT: aw, I was thinking Vimeo or Youtube, sorry. Mark's web hosts them as Quicktime movies, and the QT player allows for saving the files.

In Vimeo and Youtube's case, all uploaded movies are FLVs (Flash video, for low resolution versions) or MP4s.

Quicktime caches movies by itself, so there is no browser cache file easy to extract, I think. Possibly there is some utility able to detect the movie addressed in the webpageand download it by itself.