img file format

Gigayoda

Sorry for a partial obvious question but my mac now considers all img files to be part of the OS disk image program. I'm running Lion in one machine and SnowLeopard in another. I've had the telegraphics file for quicktime 7 but I guess I may have the component in the wrong directory. Right now neither QT7 or QTX can open to preview any img files.

Can any of you shed some light as to where the component should live, or if QTX can load an img at all?

Currently I have to right click and open in imageplayer but I'd like to just double click and either QTX, QT7 to play the file. AE works fine of-course but I had a setup through get info where i changed all my img files to open in qt7. Changing that now keeps reverting back to disk image app.

P.S. migrating to the newer OS is adding headache but pushes me to get with the times i guess.

I brought this up a while back. here is the thread on the .img issue.

http://www.eias3d.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=171

Thanks for the link to the older post. I read the other post with SuperNova as well I believe it was Scott regarding similar concerns. Did the plugin solve your extension mapping? Based on Ian it seems bmp and psd are the new norm for exporting still renders.

The main problem is that I was able to use img files in quicktime. Now they are not loading. If you guys can tell me if img files still works in quicktime in SL then I'll work on it otherwise I'll go for plan B as suggested in the post.

Thanks,

I can open .img files in Quicktime 7.6.6 In Snow Loepard.

Hi Richard,

Did you put the extension in the main HD library folder or in the [user] library folder? I tried both places and for some reason my QT 7.6 is not picking it up. I did what I seldom do and restarted the machine or logged out and back in to avail.

I used the Intel plugin on this page:

http://www.telegraphics.com.au/sw/product/eicomponent

Thanks if you can point me in the right direction.

It's in the User Library.

Do you have Quicktime 7.6.0 or 7.6.6? I have the latest.

Thanks Richard! My quicktime is back in action. I just don't know why it stopped working out of the blue. It might be because I had the PowerPC version I couldn't tell by the name. I never did look at the info for the version.

Hey I appreciate you man.