Looking for a GREAT architectural 3d modeler

Guest supernova

Guest supernova

animator to work on a major project.

I have a life long set of skills in EI... the project I have becoming a reality is much larger than what I myself could handle. it is very architectural in content... I am still determining all the things that need to be delivered... but it pays VERY well and I need someone to work with as a lead on this... It looks to be about 4 months of work and may require us hiring even more help... but it looks to be a really exciting opportunity.... I have to emphasize the need for you to be comfortable with modeling a relatively large building.... with all kinds of support details... and possibly an interior or two... I am totally equipped and able to handle a lot of the work... but i NEED someone familiar with ARCHITECTURE... it does not look like it needs to be super accurate... just close.. it looks to be part of a sales campaign to promote the project and ultimately sell units in the building...

contact me on this site.... or at scottnovasic@mac.com if your available and willing to take on a pretty amazing opportunity.... I cant mention numbers.... but so far... it seems like the pay will be more than fair.... I need a serious person who could really devote the time to this...WITH me and others im not afraid to hire if we need them... I LOVE EI... and Architecture seems to be a strength of the app... so im hoping to meet and partner with someone looking to work hard... problem solve and explore another country... China... email or respond asap Please.... I am in LA... you do NOT have to be here... it would help... but i need TALENT first.... location second...

Scott Novasic 909-9150-9950 scottnovasic@mac.com

Guest supernova

I have heard from a few people so far... but am still accepting interested people who think they can handle this project...

if there is anyone in the LA Area that would be a huge bonus...

I am still communicating with the client to see if we can come to an agreement on #1 me doing the project #2 the budget #3 the scope...

the language barrier is tricky.... the interpreter is pretty good but speaks in somewhat broken sentences... lol... so it is challenging, but i love it. This could be VERY exciting... please continue to send me links to your work and your availability for the next 4 months or so.... when and if this becomes a real job... i will be moving fast to assemble a team... if you dont hear back from me right away... please dont be offended.... I am looking at work and trying to balance a very busy schedule...

thanks.... Scott

Guest supernova

thank you ALL for your submissions and interest.

I am STILL working on whether this is a "real" job.

its in China... and it has been difficult to follow but after 2 weeks

of talking it appears to be a "real" job. It pays very well.

I have one company i am leaning towards using... BUT... I am still pushing this Chinese company for details. It is hard because i do not have Chinese experience... I am honest.

I LOVE the EI community for its response... i would NEVER post this if it were not a very nice job.

Guest supernova

update... I should be finishing up this week with this projects negotiation. I have met a company that I feel good about and am working details out with... if we come to an agreement I will post the end of my interest in finding help.... for now.

I may need added help so I have kept all the links people have sent me... Id like to emphasize something that I think is obvious... but im an animator... and I still should have mentioned it... my final output needs are ANIMATED.

so samples of not just interiors and exteriors... but Animated ones are especially helpful... I probably need to avoid an hour a frame render times...lol...

fingers crossed and thanks again all who responded....

• 4 weeks later...
Guest supernova

after almost a 4 week journey.... and a lot of effort..... im a little disturbed to report that all that i have been led to believe is true with this client has proven mostly false... to the point where its not worth pursuing. There have been multiple business that this Chinese company has tried to scam.... all around the world. Luckily, i found out about the other companies in time to work with them to expose this group as fraudulent.... they promised the SAME job to multiple companies and tried to get us all to fly to China at OUR expense only to be re embursed in the contract.... this has nothing to do with China... it could be anyone. A scam is a scam... we are actually writing a story about this whole thing for a cg magazine.... I did not get scammed, but I AM embarrassed to post this job. I try to vet all things i involve myself in closely enough.

Don't be embarrassed, it sounds like a well worked scam - well done for getting to the bottom of it without the flight to China ! It doesn't detract from the time and effort you obviously put into trying to set the deal up though - business is tough enough without such distractions.

I look forward to reading about it in the magazine - which one by the way

James

Hi Scott,

I know how you feel, it's the kind of story we don't like getting involved into.

A set-design company we worked with in the past contacted us last April for a big pitch. It was a chinese broadcaster re-branding one of it's many stations. According to our contact, they had worked together before. That sounded safe. We met with them and their asian agent. They told us that the project was to be completed in about 5 weeks, including the pitch. They explained that for their client, anything is possible, it's a culture thing.

We definitely could not do it within the "crazy" time frame considering our on-going projects. Wet suggested a good studio, bigger with more resources who may be interested. They put together several boards over the weekend (lots of work and money). The work was sent and.... nothing. No feed-back whatsoever. They asked us several time if we had feedback, it took me a while to finally hear back from our initial contact who claimed he had nothing to report. This puts me in an awkward position, the studio pitching are good friends, they got involved because of us and I feel responsible for getting them involved. They worry about the creative being used without consent.

We all look for business opportunities, unfortunately, in this case I am afraid it will impact on our relationships. Now, I have some damage control to do. At least, it sounds like you stopped before getting too deep into it.

Thanks,

Christian