Motion blur on child cycles?

WHD

Hi All,

Just in case there is a method that I'm not aware of , is there any way to get motion blur on a child cycling animation? I know that it is not actually moving and is in effect replacement animation but if there is a method in EIAS it would really be useful.

I tried multi-frame blur but found that nothing resulted from my test. Thought that it might work since it is taking separate frames that should each be different enough to force a blur. Nada!

Any thoughts?

Bill

Hey Ian,

Got RSMB but I often find it has a lot of issues specially when vectors cross or when the blurred part is in tight quarters with static items. Some times it works really well and other times it is a mess and I'm not always in the mood to do a lot of roto.

What do you think works better Nuke or RSMB since I think both are using optical flow?

I have read that some software is able to do it but I think from what I've read about it is pretty high level stuff in Renderman or something in house. I think it used something like cached vectors.

Anyway it was worth a try asking just in case there was a trick to get it to work.

Bill