Why do slave ports change

Mark Johnston

Hi different times when I start the slaves they start with a different port number then the one I assigned . I set them for 10.0.1.3:1616 , so on then some other time I start the slaves they are set to 10.0.1.2:1616 . This mean renderama doesn't communicate with slaves so I have to delete slaves and add them back with new number. These are the 2 numbers that are alternating . Is there a way to get the ports to stay the same all the time. I'm on a Mac OSX10.5.8

Thanks Mark

Hi Ian Is this cause in my network setting is set to automatic? So I have to set it to manual set the settings and then they would stop switching . Sorry I don't understand this networking stuff. I barely got the airport that connects to cable running at the time I set it up, so I don't like messing with its settings. I'll have to look at all the stuff about networking in apple help

Thanks Mark

Hi Ian Is this cause in my network setting is set to automatic? So I have to set it to manual set the settings and then they would stop switching . Sorry I don't understand this networking stuff. I barely got the airport that connects to cable running at the time I set it up, so I don't like messing with its settings. I'll have to look at all the stuff about networking in apple help

Thanks Mark

In your network settings, for Configure IPv4 select "DHCP with manual address"

you can then enter an IP address. Use this IP to set up all your Renderama slaves.

Using DHCP can change the IP address each time you restart. Using the "manual address" will keep it the same. If your Slaves are already set up, you can enter that IP address into the network settings and it will all connect.

brian