Build that city, Cyberpunk kit for free

S. Houtzager

I bought yesterday the kitbash3D SF prop kit called «Greebles». For only $45, it's an incredible value.

If one of you ever go for it, be aware that I have created independent EIAS animator files for each objects after working tediously to recreate correctly (as best as I could) all the textures and materials. The only non native plug-in used is MForge. There is a lot less textures in that kit then in the CyberPunk mini kit so it was a fairly straightforward process.

I'm doing now the same EIAS importation for the free CyberPunk minikit. Doest anyone know what is the equivalent in Animator for a roughness texture file?

Thanks,

Maher

• Like 1

Hello Steve,

you make me realize that I didn't need MForge! I totally forgot the native Anisotropic shader...

In the KitBash textures folder you have roughness and shininess maps. I understand that shininess correspond to specular channel in Animator but roughness/glossiness doesn't have équivalent channel in EIAS. May be it could be placed as a reflection map since an object with a rough surface won't reflect directly like a mirror but would rather scatter the light in all direction.

Tomas, thank for the clarification for the new way to handle material in v10. I think that I will postpone all my kit bash translation until the release of v10.

Maher

Greeble_R.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

If someone ever want to buy the KB3D SteamPunk kit, be aware that I've already done all the work of importing the models in EIAS, retexturing, creating Master Materials and (yes, I'm obsessive/compulsive) doing HighRes QT spins for all the buildings  

• 2 weeks later...