Feature Road Map

KurtF

I have requested multiple times, to have a planned feature roadmap for the development of EIAS. I want to know what sort of program Tomas and the Igors are putting together. Will it remain strictly for architectural visualization and product renders? Or will it add character animation tools for creature effects and stunt doubles? To date, no road map has been forthcoming. Of course it's difficult to figure out where the software is going, when you're forced to rewrite the entire code base to clean up miles of tangled threads and modernize things. Still, I think by this time Tomas and the Igors should have an idea of where they will land when the dust settles and the next version is released, and they should have an idea of where they want to go.

The makers of Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer have posted on their forums their planned feature roadmap. These posts are old, and as each planned feature was achieved, it was removed from the original posting. This is the kind of thing I would like to see from EIAS. Thanks.

Affinity Photo Road Map

Affinity Designer Road Map

Ola Kurt!

I dont want to share which features are, because its a surprise, but lets think:

- EIAS previous company development as you pointed and also understand were really old and cosmetic.

- Almost all previous upgrades before us was based most of the times only on Camera render engine.

so, what we are doing right now, since my background is film making and VFX. (we finished Tv shows scenes and feature films with v10).

- Bring up to date lots of things which EIAS needed to be fresh (most of them finished).

- A LOT of care on Animator application (to bring a lot more creativity, new tools and easy to use)

- Camera Application received candies too :)

This helps all kind of EIAS users, VFX Artists like me, Character Animators, Architects...

so, in the end EIAS v10 is fresh start for us and its warming our hearths, now we can brainstorm better our necessities and ideas, everything we did in EIAS v10 was important to make the package more robust.

I am thinking lots of times, if after EIAS v10 release, since it took a lot more time than we wanted, because the features complexities and the new recent changes from Apple for example which brought us unexpected needed extra work, in a possible way to do smaller upgrades to be delivered faster for the user base, so, everybody stays in touch giving ideas and testing a lot more.

This post is not fully clear about features, but I hope that helps to understand we are working on v10 all days every week.

Thanks a lot

Tom

tom@eias3d.com

Shut!!!

Hola, Tomas. Since OpenGL and OpenCL are esential for graphics and hardware-acelerated rendering i suppose Apple has some way to replace them... or not? this could be desastrous. I think it´s forcing the apps to replace them internally.

Apple has lost all interest in the professional users in MAC.

Shut (again)

Best regards, Félix