Gear plugin?

fantomaz

Uhhh, found a prj with the use of gear in it, it was in 2008 ......

At that time we had PPC (on a Mac) right? The plugin let you create gears in various shapes.

The prj windows says: gear4.plm, but unfortunately i had no idea where the plug is gone :-(

EIAS%20and%20gear.jpg

Does anyone knows anything about it????

Alex

Hi Tom,

i wish i could! The project above sleeps in my backups, but the plugs are gone :-(

There are two HDs left to look on if they have an old OS with EI and the gear plug-in in it.

I thought that the internet will never forget something, but in this case gear4.plm will

bring no results when you google that - tooooo bad.

Does anyone have good experience with parametric surface plug-in? There is a preset

for gears, but it doesn't look so good like the gear plug-in. Too few parameters to tweak and play

with it. Or is there an other option or app to built gears out there?

Alex

Found it! In the darkest corner of my office, on an old HD called: EI stuff and cracks and more

It was a plug called "Bolt" and it was developed by Bob Wagner (CAD Creations) in 2001. Of course to use with PPC.....

Look at it click me for gears....

Now i have to reactivate my good old PowerBook G4 and install EI 7 and than hopefully the gears will go!

Alex

Correction:

There are two plugins:

"Bolt" - for making screws and so on

and

"Gears" - for making all kinds of gears

Great tools!! But running on a PPC....

My iBook with a sensational G3 Proz (at 768 MHz, really!) and 640MB ram runs the plugs fine (because the G4 won't start anymore :-( )

One word: cool! And thanks to Bob Wagner ;-) Did not ever met him, too bad :-)

Alex

Ive been going through all my EIAS stuff over the years. at one point when EIAS didn't looked very likely to survive (thank god for Tomas and the Igors )  I archived everything i could find for EIAS and just looking through my files i found GEARS and i remember Bolt but don't seem to have that one. is there anyway you could send me that old plugin for my archives. if theres any other plugin you are looking for let me know and i can see if i have it for you. I can put up a list of all the plugins and versions i have if anyone is interested. could always be helpful for old projects/ installs. 

• 1 month later...