Northern Lights plugins still available? Their website is empty.

MarquisDeSang

• 9 months later...

I have lots of old EIAS projects that I would like to revisit but all of them rely on plugins I can no longer use because I cannot update my licenses.

I contacted Blair some time ago to try and transfer my NorthernLights plugins (vol 1-4) as well as Psunami and Psyclone from Mac to Windows.

He did not have the time. Unless Tomas and co can acquire rights to manage the licensing and distribution of these abandoned EIAS plugins they are long gone.

I did not upgrade since v8 precisely because I could not see any of these plugins coming along for the ride.

Hello Tomas

I moved away from Mac Os some time ago, I still have an old Mac lying around but it runs El Capitan so EIAS v8 won't run on it.

It runs fine on Win 7 just no plugins. My biggest mistake at the beginning of my career was spending so much on plugins for EIAS.

For now I only needed my license codes updated for Arete Psunami and maybe Onyx Treestorm to run my old projects, the other plugin licenses would have been a bonus but I can live without them.

It is unfortunate that Blair was too busy to help with that.

I will only need 64bit installers if I upgrade to 9.1 or 10.

I should say that my old EIAS renders still look richer with greater depth than current renders, even unbiased and pbr miss something. 

Hi, Tom. It's a purple dongle. I didn't upgrade to Eias 8, sorry, but i was a bit disapointed... but i will upgrade to EiAS 10 absolutely! the  rewriting of the code give me some hope to see a more modern, robust and versatile software :D

Can't wait for the list of new features.

Greetings, Félix

• 1 year later...
On 10/16/2017 at 9:24 AM, Tomas Egger said:

Ola Brian!

Do you still have a Mac? I got from Blair all his tools for 64 bits..

Northern lights 64 bits Mac installers

Our Goal with EIAS is not rely in third party tools more and more.. you will see in the next upgrade our path.

Thanks

Tom

Ola Tomas,

Are you just in charge of providing the 64 bits updates for the Northern Lights plug-ins or can you also sell and personalize for new clients?

Maher