Tabernacle in the wilderness

Buggsy

Hi Everyone,

This is my latest work-in-progress personal project. It is the tabernacle in the wilderness as described in the book of Exodus in the hebrew bible.

A view of the Most Holy place is missing because I need to model a cherubim and Rhino (Mac WIP) doesn't do organic modelling. You need t-splines (plug-in) in Rhino to do that so I started learning Blender to sculpt the cherubim on the lid of the Ark of the Covenant. I can't see myself finishing it any time soon as the learning curve for Blender looks quite steep!

Rhino has proven quick for me to become productive with but its limitations on the organic side of modelling are its let down, for a Mac platform anyway. Really like the layer organisation and the predictability of it working with EI. The only problem I had was bring models in to scale in EI but resolved that by dialling the scale factor down to 0.01 in the 'Import Options' in EI.

Hope you like it so far.

Michael

Northeast_close_up.jpg

Southeast_close_up.jpg

Table_of_Shewbread_9b.jpg

Door_6d.jpg

Gold_Lampstand_side_8b.jpg

Veil_and_Ceiling_7d.jpg

Veil_and_Ceiling_7d.jpg

Altar_of_Incense_10a.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks Tim.

The other thing I didn't mention was that Rhino worked seamlessly with EI when it came to UV's. This proved to be so important to texturing the curtains and tent, which I had been struggling with, using EI's Simcloth.

Rendering times for the external shots are super quick, only needing 1.5 minutes to render. The internal shots are a different story, taking up to 8 minutes due to the reflections and lighting.

Michael

• Like 2

• 5 months later...