Yosemite and FormZ

HMeyers

Just found out that if you use FormZ 7 it will not work with Yosemite. However, according to the FZ forum v.8 does work with it. However, if you do use v.8 or are thinking of upgrading from an earlier FZ version to FZ8 you will need to get their FACT export fix plug-in - I don't know if they've included it in the latest version.

Basically if you export a FACT in FZ8 - when importing into EIAS the model came in sans any texture/color - whatsoever. Then when you opened the items material and attempted to access it - you were stuck in limbo and had to force quit out of the program. To circumvent the "limbo" you would first have to drop a texture/material (any texture or material) onto the item or assign it to a master material before accessing it. The plug-in you can get from FormZ for v.8 (again, if it's not already included) will fix the export problem.

• Like 1

I don't know if EIAS 9.1 works on Yosemite … I wrote to Tomas and he said that he hadn't tested it yet, but probably works fine. I've been running 10.9.5 with both EIAS 9.1 and FormZ 7 and they work perfectly.

I won't upgrade to Yosemite until I know that FormZ 7 works on it, and not sure if and or when that will happen. A few other people mentioned the same thing to the FZ folks on their forum and they are going to look into it … but that FormZ 8 works (just not for us EIAS users without the updated FACT export plugin).

• Like 1

I am using MacOS 10.10 (Yosemite) with EI 9.1 and it is working fine so far. 

Regarding FormZ, I have version 8 and it works ok other than an error message about video card when it starts up (due to it not recognizing the OS version).

FormZ version 7.3.4 also works with Yosemite now. They have issued a quick fix so that it won't crash until they do an update. http://www.formz.com/forum/discus41/messages/16/100060.html?1414159658