development news or updates?

I'm hoping for interactive viewport rendering and nodes and finally a built in sub-d. Really really don't want to buy encage for that. The interface could do with an update just look at lightwave 9 to lightwave 11 same interface really just updated to make it cleaner. Also scroll wheel support. In fact I could add a massive list to this but not going to. Gonna have faith in igors and Tomas. Prob the best feature of Eias is Tomas hands down he always seems to talk to us answer question help with projects. Got to big him up for that. Kudos mate

@Joe

I'm not as present as I was in this Forum for I am now in a complete different business adventure with my lovely wife.

It is as far from 3D as it possibly can be and my skills are fading away...

You are right Joe, Tomas is actually the best feature of EIAS hands down. The customer service he provides is outstanding.

He and the Igors are working their A$$es off to make the next version the best it could be. They're not taking the easy road either. They are rewriting the whole code on a new structure to get the possibility of improving the application in way not feasible before. This is costing them time and money and makes some users very impatient... But this is the right way to do business. Establish a strong base for a good structured code that can be improved upon instead of patching things up until everything crumbles.

Congrats to Igors and Tomas. EIAS3D is in good hands. 

The best EIAS-team ever. Tomas and the Igors make a very good job. 

Tomas is always constructive, helpful and in a good temper.

May be some other 3D software has more features, but the overall package makes me feel well with it.

regards

Frankg

• 9 months later...

I also just have to give my input here, although I'm a bit late finding this post.  I've been dealing with EI a long time (back when the original owners Jay, Markus and Mark were writing the original source code that fit on just three floppy discs).  I remember vividly reporting major bugs as a beta tester, and the standard response I got was "That's not a bug".  And then they would describe an incredibly complex procedure to get around the "non-problem".  Tomas and the Igors are the first EI Team _ever_ to acknowledge problems, and FIX them!  I honestly don't know how they have time to respond to questions so quickly, but Tom somehow replies almost instantly.  These three amazingly hard working guys ARE Electric Image, and I have no doubt they will reestablish the brand recognition and status EI deserves.  If it weren't for them, we would all have had to defect to 3DS, C4D or (ugh) Maya long ago.  We all owe them more than we can ever repay.  They are responsible for many of our careers - literally!  Many thanks Tom and Igors - I don't know how you find enough hours in the day.  But you're doing an amazing job, and I look forward to every new release!  Chip.    

• Like 3

Ola Chip!

Thanks a lot for your kind words :) !!!

EIAS 9.x was a transition for us, we fixed a lot of old EIAS versions problems, lots of new features and optimizations.

The next upgrade is more like, “Ok, time to start to be fresh again :)”

I am no doubt, we will like it a lot :)

Thanks

Tom

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 11 months later...