development news or updates?

How many lines of code is in eias now. Sure you mentioned it in an interview. Well what ever it was I remember thinking dammmmmm! Well I wish you all the best I the rewrites I'll keep my wish list ready for v11. Hoping lots of my v10 get granted haha. Hope to see an update this year

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Burney,

when you are on V7/V8 then you will love 9.1! Its really a big bump!

So i wouldn't wait....

Alex

I have not use EIAS for quite a while as most of the time is doing CAD drawing. I am looking forward to upgrade to a EIAS with modern UI , mouse scroll wheel support for scrolling, zooming and orbiting like sketchup :blush: . Downloaded V9 demo and a little disappointed although I am aware of there are ton of core improvements. May be I should upgrade a pack just to keep it going :D.

Burney

Hi Burney,

The improvements with the openGL engine were enough for me to truly see the value in upgrading. I can't say I knew this before I upgraded but when I did I noticed there was no 'software engine' option for the camera view window. I freaked out, but I am so amazed how robust openGL is now. Even in a scene with 9 million polygons, moving the camera isn't too different then a scene with 1 million polygons. And the camera view window is so much more predictable! I just wish transparency would work properly.

Michael

Hi Burney,

The improvements with the openGL engine were enough for me to truly see the value in upgrading. I can't say I knew this before I upgraded but when I did I noticed there was no 'software engine' option for the camera view window. I freaked out, but I am so amazed how robust openGL is now. Even in a scene with 9 million polygons, moving the camera isn't too different then a scene with 1 million polygons. And the camera view window is so much more predictable! I just wish transparency would work properly.

Michael

Agreed. Thank! Michael :D

Oh also,

Another great feature I love is that you can control how procedural shaders and textures preview in the Camera View window. Under Display in the objects attributes you now have the option of 'Display Diffuse Textures','Shade Textures (Phong Only)' and 'Display Procedural Thumbnail'. I tend to turn on all except 'Display Procedural Thumbnail' which makes for an excellent Camera View setting.

Michael

• Like 5

Ola Michael!

Don't forget EIAS can display up to 8 textures in layers per group including alpha channels and blending modes ;)

And which I personally love is the ability to add a movie as texture and when you scrub in the timeline with option pressed, you see the animation previewing in realtime depending of the complexity of the scene ;)

Thanks

Tom

• Like 1

Ola Burney!

Unlock code sent! sorry, but I can't generate a “expiration†register for a plug-in :(

Enjoy EIAS 9.1!!!

Thanks a lot

Tom

Thank you Tomas, I think this is going to be the beginning of the trouble.  Having lost touch with EIAS for almost five years, It is time to start learning again especially the lightings and dynamic stuff :blush:

Burney