Graphics problem when Painting strength maps

meester smeeth

Hello people, I hope you are all well and maybe someone has had a similar problem before.

Take a look at this screen shot of what happens when I try to paint strength maps - - - - ->

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eobjgij169brl85/pixels.jpg

Everything works fine on my old iMac, but the problem is when used on a PC, even with the latest GEforce card.

I'm trying to narrow down what it could be, but it's harder to do when I'm not even sure what you could call this type of problem?

There's quite a lot of options for the Graphics card so very difficult to know where to start!

Anyway all the best.

Al

Hi,

I don't know what your problem would be but I too have just changed to 2 x GeForce cards on PC. From Mac.

I was getting lots of crashes and jpegs displaying black. I have just updated to the latest driver, they seem to write a new driver every few weeks lately!

The main problem I think is Open GL. My system seems a lot more stable after the new driver and adjusting settings specifically for EIAS within the GeForce display control. That is I had to add EIAS to the list and then "play" with different settings, the main one's being whether the app (EIAS) or the card handled the various settings.

I am probably not making much sense or being much help as I don't know the ins and outs or actual reasons, but it has made a difference.

That's all I know right now but if I discover anything I'll post.

All the best.

• 9 months later...

I have only just started trying to use strength maps now and have exactly the same problem as you do.

There is no testing of EIAS on GeForce graphics cards, this is not the only problem EIAS has with GeForce cards on PC.

I don't see this being addressed either as I have asked in the past and the answer was "we don't have any to test on".

I don't know, maybe we could put our finances together and buy EIAS a PC and a new GeForce card to test these problems on?

Jpegs and HDRI maps have problems as well, EIAS is not working correctly on PC GeForce for over a year. I have several of the latest cards and it is the same problem with all.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes it works, but when I close or reduce EIAS the desktop goes haywire with drag strips all over when a window is moved. A full machine re-start is the only fix.

However it's not such a great problem, I'm sure we won't have to set to Win XP upon the EIAS update.