I need help \ advice on how to get my EI work to play nicely with C4d artist

supernovavfx

Scott,

while all the formats Tom mentioned will probably work, there's another way which seems pretty unknown to most of the C4D (and EIAS) user community:

As of 2012 or 2013 (not sure about the exact release date) Okino PolyTrans is able to read and write native C4D files (the only application apart from C4D itself), as well as FACT files (which it always did). Maybe worth a test, as it provides the use of native model files in both directions. I'm sure there are some parameters or conversion settings to be tested, but I was very excited to hear these news from Robert (Okino).

Bernd

• Like 1

HI Scott, I use models created in C4D all time,  one of the most used is OBJ with uv's, EIAS open it perfect.

You have to be careful about some things in C4D:

1; Remove N-gons

2; Optimize unused points

3; Align normals

As for export from EIAS to C4D OBJ is also a good option, the models open perfect but uv's will be lose.

Cheers

Diego

• Like 1

thank you all…  GREAT advice…   the more i can 'work' with them seamlessly the better…  so much mograph is being done in c4d     the more I can work and share with 

places that use it the more projects I can bid on.    I wonder why c4d 'format' is not 'out there' as much as obj etc….      

I wonder why c4d 'format' is not 'out there' as much as obj etc….      

Because Maxon keeps (or kept) the specifications secret. I guess PolyTrans being the "Engineering" part of the "C4D Engineering bundle" helped Okino to learn about the format.