Although i am still waiting for some money before i get EIAS 10. i updated lightwave and got modo 601 back in the holiday sale. i do keep a watchful eye on EIAS V9 and still plan to update as soon as i free up the founds. now V9 got one of my wish's that was Bullet, and although soft bodies has yet to be added at lest that was a start. so here is my list for V10 there is no order to this.

EIAS wish list

1) Scroll wheel support

2) Bullet soft bodies

3) A decent fracture tool like lightwaves

4) 64 bit animator sure you guys are on it.

5) improve the material editor. (i like nodes)

6) a decent particle tool set

7) build encage and proxy into the main EIAS app

8) an updated UI even 3d world review says its showing its age.

9) VPR or dynamic preview render would really help.

10) better material preview

11) Linux support (i know its not going to happen) 

12) better IK rigging systems and tools for building armatures (messiah has fantastic tools for this)

13) Dongle Free EIAS. 

Website wish list 

1) regular news updates or a blog its nice to know if you guys are still alive

2) more artist interviews talking about how and why they use EIAS.

3) Update the website with decent video tutorials even selling them if the quality is there.

4) Do an Eshop like daz for selling content (models, textures, HDRs, etc) to help generate income 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would say bullet soft body is probably very likely in the next version.

I would definitely say that a node shader material system has to implemented to really move forward at some point.

Pixels3d has a very decent one and they started off as a plugin to the old electricimage way back when.

Perhaps something could be worked out with them?

One good improvement might be a schematic view or window for modeling.

A modeler or a package deal with Silo might be good like they did before.

But Hexagon is free and works well with electricimage.

Plus the old Modeler is still useable too.

I was using carrarapro 7  the other day and the fbx export is crap.

No animations were exported for some reason.

Very slow to use that program,although it has some good features and can be used.

The renders are good but EIAS is a better faster renderer.

But you will tear your hair out waiting for renders and the incessant bugs and

the interface that is just not designed with production in mind.

Electricimage was designed from the ground up for people who work everyday and that's one of it's strengths.

The best thing about Electricimage is that it's fast and easy to use and more powerful than you might think.

When things are implemented they work!

• 3 weeks later...

I agree this is especially important to move forward.

"Website wish list 

1) regular news updates or a blog its nice to know if you guys are still alive

2) more artist interviews talking about how and why they use EIAS.

3) Update the website with decent video tutorials even selling them if the quality is there.

4) Do an Eshop like daz for selling content (models, textures, HDRs, etc) to help generate income"

I don't know why, even if I "follow a topic" I don't get email updates.

Some say this forum "doesn't have 'em", I reckon it should!

Maybe I'm missing something but is their a reason why we don't get email updates?

Thanks

Hi  mondoman  I was planning on reviewing and making an index of those lessons and then  finishing more lessons with  shorter  and more descriptive titles just as you say. I had  started making those lessons to help my 2 brothers learn the program cause I bought each of them a copy when the old company sold it for 200 hunderd dollars . Bottom line  my brothers didn't even give me any feedback that they ever watched them or showed any interest so I lost a little of the fire to make them.  I do plan on getting back to it soon. I have been getting into music apps on the ipad since december but recently upgraded to modo 701  and  EIAS 9  and the latest Zbrush so  I will swing back to 3d soon, still investing money in it. It seems like theres not enough time  in a day but the truth is I could get more done if I put some more effort out.

Any way thanks for mentioning mine very few have.

Mark

when I made them  I was thinking it would only take a few to cover all i wanted to cover  like maybe 6 lessons thats way I called them easy basic but as we know 3d's a little more complicated than that at, least I know it now.

13) Dongle Free EIAS. 

No. Please don't. Trade my dongles for what? Online activation? Cloud-based services? Need an Adobe-like shitstorm?

My dongles enable me to freely choose the computer I want to work on. Although Autodessys (FormZ) have switched to an online activation system for FZ7, they still support the "old" dongle based licensing. I wouldn't want a solution that doesn't leave the choice up to me. I love my dongles, and I take care for them. No problems since 1996. Which I can't say about all that online activation bullsh## in context with crashed HDs (oh, you forgot to de-activate before the crash?), non-working license servers, unexpected software expiration bugs, and the sheer mass of more and more very communicative applications, which increasingly slow down every system start because they need to call mom before they proceed.

Bernd

• Like 1

Bernd, I agree with you in respect to how Adobe screws everything up beyond comprehension. Adobe and their paranoia has cost me untold hours with reinstalls, having to take computers to another location because of a firewall to get it to install, and as you said fighting with them about not deactivating before losing a drive. I am presently looking for alternatives to all Adobe products.

But other companies have handled it much better. I use FormZ way more now that they have gone dongle-free. I was always forgetting that thing and was dead in the water. Maya, too. I just use these now without any hassle. The activation is transparent.

I won't buy ZBrush because of their activation nightmare. Just using the demo I was always caught in an activation loop. -Derryl

• 3 years later...

-Bigger UI (buttons and text) everything is so small on my thunderbolt 3k display.

-Animator native subdivision

-Particles (smoke, water ...)

-Clothing

-Hairs/Fur 

-One website and store for all plugins : apple store, google play store and now EIAS3D store.

-Your website still use Flash and it does not work on mobiles and my Safari is complaining.

EIAS3D has the best ui colour theme of the industry.