Imagenation Alien

Imagenation

Hello Everyone

We have been working on some internal projects here and attached are a couple of images I wanted to share. Modelling all from scratch done in Silo, UVs etc (what a nightmare!). Rendering and animations (on our site) all done in EI9.

Let me know your thoughts and if you have any ideas to improve.

Thanks

Ash Bird

Imagenation.com.au

post-65-0-66836900-1363133907_thumb.jpg

post-65-0-79133900-1363133940_thumb.jpg

Thank you Richard for your thoughts.

The nightmare was unwrapping the UV's.

It actually does have SSS but I have made the darkness engulf the ears, perhaps too much? I was a bit wary of making it too "waxy" looking, there seems to be a fine line between too much and not enough :) I might try upping the it SSS however.

This image might show a bit more SSS. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

Ash

post-65-0-37251500-1363154461_thumb.jpg

...It actually does have SSS but I have made the darkness engulf the ears, perhaps too much? I was a bit wary of making it too "waxy" looking, there seems to be a fine line between too much and not enough :) I might try upping the it SSS however...

Ash

You are right, too much SSS often gives a waxy look. OK for statuettes but, as far as flesh is concern, good looking SSS is an art in itself...

Because of the lighting of the first image (V10 beauty 2), I was expecting more transparency in the ear. It's all a matter of taste for in the real world, SSS isn't always visible or strong. Lighting, composition and thickness of the skin, blood flow, age and numerous other factors plays in the amount of SSS visible.

post-12-0-91847500-1363271898_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...
Would really love a good hair generator in EI :)

That would make a big difference.

It can be done with the Fiberforge plugin, and paint on the hair with strength maps, although I'm not sure whether the its still available to buy....

Edit: i forgot, there is also Placer deposit ;)