New Human Rig DVD.

AVTPro

AVTPromoSkinRig.png

Advanced Visualization Technology Productions (AVTPro)

Alonzo Von Threet

Hi Folx.

I'm pleased announced I am doing the last recordings of a new tutorial DVD for a full skinned character in ElectricImage Animation System 8. This new DVD is different from my Deformer Rig DVD in that this time I am skinning a full character. The character is one full mesh. So the main focus is how to use the new Skinning Tools in ElectricImage. So we weight the vertices with Strength Maps. Strength Maps can be confusing and frustrating but a BREEZE when you learn how to apply the new tools in EIAS v8.

This DVD is about Rigging Fast. Yes. I know I had so much info, and detail on the Deformer that this time I only discuss RIGGING and SKINNING and not so much principles. I try to keep most of the videos only 15 minutes each. So we dive in to getting a full skinned rig ready to ANIMATE for architural walkthrough or just product demonstrations. So if you only need the character walk, or wave for pick up a box for a few seconds during your MOGRAPH presentation this DVD is for you. Learn in two or 3 day what it took me two grey sideburns and a grey beard to master. ;-)

I invite you to pre-order your DVD now via PayPal for $85. (same as the last DVD)

AVTPro5@mac.com

athreet@adelphia.net

athreet@roadrunner.com

Shipping date is May 1st.

ReadyRigDavid.png

Thanks

AVT

• Like 1

Thanks Tomas. I got an inquiry and possible sale this morning and I just posted this.

I have attempted to do this DVD twice before but it was always too complex. This 3rd time I have simple, fast and concrete solutions for complex rigging features. This is for the Architectect, and Mograph Designer as well as Animators. Sometimes as product designer just needs to have a character but doesn't need to spend years, months or weeks learning to rig. I did this read in 2 days. (but doesn't tell anyone I can rig that fast) I'm happy that I do not stick to one way of rigging because I found new cleaner, solution for rigging arms. Also I added a Rig setup video for animation curves window.

I use Maya a lot but EIAS is still my main bread winner for projects. Thanks again, and Much Success with your new FilmMaking endeavors.

AVT

Rich, Got your order. I love the message you sent. You are so funny Dude. LOL. If I could brag, I could brag about you. You make it so easy I don't have to. LOL.

You got me. I'm only going to do something I am proud of. Not only am I proud of this work, but I feel I benefit from the experience. I found better solutions for rigging that I could use in my next project. Moreover, I am no longer "leary", cautious or concerned about EIAS "strength maps" being buggy. I can say with full confidence the EIAS v.8 strength maps work great and are easy to use. Yes, I still have feature requests, like numeric control of each vertex in a strength map, but that's just me. I like techie stuff. But, EIAS strengh is just fun, easy to use, interface, and pretty predictable. it shines with the new Blur map tools.

All i have to say is, after you see the DVD, please don't tell any of my clients I can rig a full mesh character in two days. ;-)

Thanks Steven,

This DVD is only a "How-to". It's shows how to skin and rig a single mesh model. A character with clothes should be "easier" to skin and rig than a character who has to look right without clothes. You can hide a lot with clothes ;-) Ideally a character with clothes can be or maybe even "should be" a single mesh. I just show how to make the character look good, maintain volumes, add and subtract extra bones when needed.

What you are talking about I believe is a specific "mocap" or pre-animated that can just be "plopped" in the scene. I think it's a GREAT idea. There may be something like it out already but 2D video people on a card (?). I would LOVE to develop a full EIAS "mocap" and robots DVD ;-)

The focus of this DVD is based on feedback I have recieve from the first DVD and understanding of the client work . 1. Less Talking. I have to explain some things first, but I try to keep it moving. No big "artsy principle" lectures on anatomy. 2. No big complex automatic rigs. Yes, I can do an IK Spine, S-spine, and a FK spine, but people just want to move the character predictably. Clients aren't impressed with rigs, they just want the character to wave to the audience or pick up a box. 3. Keep it simple, get the job done. Let's get the character ready to animate and we can do complex stuff later.

Yes, I still go over a lot of stuff, but in a shorter time. If I make a mistake I fix it and do it again so you can see it clearly.

Many times in the DVD, make exits so if you have to "animate now" you can. The whole character is skinned before the rig is finished. So it's modular, skip to the section you need.

I have felt clients frustration so many times that I did my best to produce the DVD in a way that avoid grey hair and bald spots.Rigging isn't "easy" but this EIAS rig is "easier".

All the video tutorial files fit on the DVD, save one. The very last one from an extra set of tutorial on fine Tuning Strength Maps. The rig is looking good. I'm very happy and thankful. It should ship tomorrow on the 1st of Maya. I may trim the DVD down a bit more and see if I can shave some extra data down, while I double check (triple check at this point) and make the DVD cover.

If you want both my DVD's at one time you can talk me about a bundle price. Eventually I will be sending the Skin Rig DVD and the Deformer Rig DVD to CafePress to handle shipping and distributions so the price will go. So order quickly if possible.

I'm very happy to have an opportunity to share my techniques I have been using for several years in EIAS rigging. I am also very impress with the Strength Maps in EIAS. I worked on the beta and I know a good job was done. I forgot how much rigging in EIAS is, and I will try to get more rigging out

Still tweaking. I'm still double checking everything and I'm going to try to have actually CD cover art with this one. So the release data won't be today as I had hoped but very shortly ;-)

I also add one more minor video tutorial for morphs.

BackSway.png

TrinityHelp.png

INTERFACE.png

Ta-Da!! Finally!! Introducing the newest member of the ReadyRigs Family!! SKIN MAN!!!

This is the cover art. The DVD is done. All the video files are compressed H.264 @720p. Quicktime format on DVD. Hybrid. Mac and PC.

I do apologize for the delay. I got a rig/animation job from a new client as soon as I announced the DVD. (Thanks Tomas) I start printing and shipping ASAP.

SkinManCDCoverPrint.jpg

Paypal Only. Unless you have a special case. Then contact me. Thanks for your support.

Happy Animation Rigging

Alonzo Von Threet

BTW,

The WIP project files wouldn't fit on the disk. I thought about it and I decided they weren't as important as having the most videos at the highest resolution. If you still want them, I can upload them. I'm a data hog so it came to about 700mb in files when the actual project was only 7mb.

Let me know if you think they are any value.

AVT

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

The first DVD utilizing EI Deformer to create a full character rig is still practical and available. This DVD is a fundamental and goes over many details about model topology, scaling and Units, so therefore it's longer in length. It took me years to learn this but it won't take you a month. Get a coffee, iPad and enjoy.

DeformerJpeg.png

• 2 weeks later...

This is my second message like this from this person. I thought I would post one here. He bought both DVD's for $150.

"A.c. Farley Nice effect Alonzo. Hey, I just spent 3 days with your character rigging DVD. That would have taken me 10 years to figure out alone. Very, very nice. You did an excellent job on that DVD set of tutorials. Thanks very much. Characters and robots coming up."

Screenshot2012-07-04at32631PM.png

Here's the effect I was working on ;-)

• 1 month later...

BACK TO SCHOOL SALE!!! ;-)

ReadyRigs are now 2 DVDs for $125 til Sept 15th.

That's the Deformer Rig and the SkinMan as a package deal

Paypal to athreet@adelphia.net

btw, here's the last thing I have been working. I'm doing it in Maya now but EIAS will be next if I can figure out a way to transfer DMM.

This is just a proxy test. Not a full render.

• Like 1