Modeler

rdm

Hi,

Since this is a brand new company I was wondering what happened to the original project of coming out with an EI modeler.

I was a huge fan of the old EIM (and I actually still keep an old g5 just so I can model with that) and I've been waiting for it's rebirth. But now?

Is the code-name -Tesla modeler part of what was transferred to this new company or was it left behind?

I've seen the thread about the integrated modeler and, sure it would be fantastic, but before that, even the simple non integrated one would be nice.

I'd love a honest answer to this question I've been asking over and over again during the years. Will this company commit to write something to model as well or should I definitely desist and start learning something else?

Thank you,

rdm

I'm no official on the matter but reading the new page in EITG all EIAS components moved to EIAS3D. WITH the exception that they also state that EITG will now have resources and focus on building a modeler. So to your question Tesla as we came to know it is still in EITG's capable hands.

"Will this company commit to write something to model as well or should I definitely desist and start learning something else?"

We haven't received any official word yet. I for one like EIM as well but decided to pick up Modo since various gigs use it. I recommend you add it to your arsenal. If the revised modeler brings technology to speed with some nice gems hidden inside then you may be on the waiting list. Ask in EITG forums and hopefully we get an update from them about their approach / progress.

Hi rdm,

As Gigayoda said Tesla is supposedly being developed at EITG. There was a lot of talk a while back about possibly starting from scratch and how would EIAS fit in this picture. I think that what happened is that EITG decided that they would begin from the ground up building a modeler and add animation functions ,like Modo , to the new foundation. Rather than try to support 2 platforms it was easier for EITG to cut EIAS loose to folks who would give it the care and support it deserves.Tomas is a pro user who knows what EIAS needs to function in a high end pipeline .The Igors have been the primary code writers along with several other contributors for a while now so EIAS is in the hands of folks who know EIAS well. Rumor has been that Camera would be a shared link since it is so fast and produces such great quality images . Keep in mind that all of what I am saying here is based upon my processing and understanding of what has been said, and like Gigayoda, I am not an official of either company so until Tomas or someone else says so much of this is just a best guess.

I use EIM and Silo and love both but am finding that I prefer Silo for most things these days. I have no experience with Modo but I hear a lot of good things about it. Silo won out for me because it is powerful and very affordable.

Bill