Does Encage work with model cycling?

Danford

Hi.

I have a question about Encage. I have a project that uses the child cycling feature in EIAS 9.1 and it consists of a model that has about 900 child objects. The project file therefore contains 900 models and is about 50 MB in size. I would like to use Encage to smooth the model plus its 900 child objects all at once. Would Encage work in a project like this? or would it cause EIAS to crash because the plugin can't handle so many models?

I was also wondering about EIAS v10. If the next update to the application contained Encage or something similar I guess I could wait and not buy the plugin now.

Don't know what to do. My main issue is if Encage works with the model cycling feature. I f anyone has any experience on this please let me know. Thanks very much in advance.

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply Tom, that's great news about encage functionality for EIAS 10. I can't wait, although you know I've been saying I can't wait for years now.

I've had to stretch the animation even longer to almost 1000 frames so almost 1000 child objects and now EIAS 9.1 is crashing on me after batch converting obj's to fact's which wasn't happening this morning. I can't send a simplified version since I need ALL models smooth when rendered.

I've moved the render to Cinema 4d which is where the modeling took place and that's about all I can do. I really wanted to render in EIAS because of its nice motion blur but I just learnt also that motion blur doesn't work with child cycling so moving the render to Cinema makes total sense now.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

it's a logo of inflated type coming together combined with a bunch of primitive shapes. A soft body dynamics animation I worked on with somebody else actually. I haven't tried doing it in EIAS but I guess it could be done if the cloth plugin could work along and interact with the Bullet system.

So you're saying that enabling Encage would render motion blur on child model cycling? I might get encage just for that.

• Like 1