Using 1 texture on 2 groups / objects

rvlna

I want to have one texture (only one) - projected onto 2 different groups/objects. I need the texture to be set from the same X,Y,Z world coordinates.

You can see on the picture an example : I have a circle texture projected on 2 different groups/objects (spherical texturing) from the same point. If you were at the center, you will see a perfect circle - kind of VARINI effect (for those who don't know him he's a swiss artist ... just google him).

When I try to do it using EIAS - even with the "world coordinate" tick on - when I Copy / Paste the texture from one group to another - it seems as if the texture was moved according to the size of the object ?

Am I doing something wrong ? This should be possible ?

post-96-13269393682046_thumb.jpg

Ola rvlna,

Do a selection set only for your groups.. :)

World coordinate = imagine you applied a texture in a cube, a cubic texture, if you enable the world coordinate and move the group (cube) in your animation, the texture will stay in the place which you applied in your virtual “world”, so, you will see your cube with a sliding texture in your animation.

If you uncheck it, the texture will follow your cube.

I hope this help you.

Thanks

Tom

Tip for the future: When you copy your material, you can paste it in two ways:

1. Select the object in the project window, and press paste. This will place the texture 'relatively'.

or

1. Select the object in the project window

2. Open it's material info window

3. Click on the material preview ball

4. Press paste - This will place the texture 'absolutely' (based on the 'copy' object).