What I would like in EIAS3D

vgd

The bulk of the information in this video relates to compositing, not 3D. However, several minutes in the presenter does some Amazing things with the function curve editor in Fusion.

http://vfxpedia.com/images/SwingingDoors_Medium.mp4

It would be nice if EIAS would have adjustments like these available for it's function curve editor. There is a "Shape Box mode" which is like a 2D Free Form deformation tool. Very handy to achieve natural motion. There is also a "Time Offset mode" which allows scaling the keys to avoid overly mechanical looking motion.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would love to work on my projects without needing the dongle.

I'm not saying we shouldn't have the dongle at all.

but lets say we could need the dongle only when needing to do a full render.

There are so many times i want to catch up on a project on my laptop but damn i forgot my dongle on my home computer.

So i dont use EIAS at all in those times.

I find a another tool to do my work on the go for when i forget my dongle.

How about only the Camera needs the dongle. Im probably beating a dead horse at this point. but every so often i want to work on a project on the go and ARRGh no dongle with me..... so i said to myself the next time it happens to me i'll post about it.

Cant wait for 9 ....... seriously :-)

• 2 months later...

I would love to work on my projects without needing the dongle.

I'm not saying we shouldn't have the dongle at all.

but lets say we could need the dongle only when needing to do a full render.

There are so many times i want to catch up on a project on my laptop but damn i forgot my dongle on my home computer.

So i dont use EIAS at all in those times.

I find a another tool to do my work on the go for when i forget my dongle.

How about only the Camera needs the dongle. Im probably beating a dead horse at this point. but every so often i want to work on a project on the go and ARRGh no dongle with me..... so i said to myself the next time it happens to me i'll post about it.

Cant wait for 9 ....... seriously :-)

Yeah, I do the same thing, or I get home from the office and want to try something and I can't....

How about a timed dongle with a countdown so you know! i.e. put your dongle in and fire it up, you have 30 days, for the last 5 days you are warned to put in your dongle before it is disabled. This way the people who pirate the software get involved with it and maybe even buy it, so it's like the dongle resets a trial period....

Just an idea...

• 8 months later...

Call to arms for plugin vendors!!

I know this is a difficult one but.......

There are some great plugins for EIAS, even though a number of them are a bit old, but damn they are expensive by todays standards.

When I first bought into EIAS (circa v2.9) I spent a fortune on plugins trying to expand the feature set to get some parity with competing applications.

This is an inevitable thing when looking at a 3D program as a new user. You look at how much it costs and the feature list then compare it with what else is out there.

So okay:- SDS, instancing, volumetrics, a few modelling tools, decent particles all cost extra but..... so much that it is very a difficult sale both for the plugin vendors and EIAS3D!

It would be nice to see a good promo or some repackaging of the core plugins and I'm sure that this would go a long way to rekindle interest in both EIAS and 3rd party products.

My upgrade to v9 is coming but I need to budget for the extras too, before I make this purchase.

Now that EIAS 9 has been released, we can resume bombarding you guys with our hellish suggestions of features, har har! :D

Now, seriously: I'm wondering here if the way you've architected this new EIAS 9 will allow for easier and quicker implementing of new "light" features. Say:

-"Advanced" copy/paste: you select a group or a light or something else and do a CMD-C (or CTRL-C in Windows). Then you do a CMD-OPT-P (or CTRL-ALT-P) instead of the regular CMD-P, getting a multiple checkbox dialog that lets you choose to paste position/rotation/scale data, plus other specific item type-related parameters to a single or multiple item selection in one go. Sort of like Ms Excel's Special Paste, or Final Cut Pro's.

As it is right now, matching one group's pos/rot/scale data implies about 9 conventional copy/paste operations, or switching to spreadsheet view, drilling down the channels to expose the relevant cells and copy/pasting these.

-Align/space selected items, Photoshop layers-style.

For some pretty well-defined things like these, if you would decide to do them, what do you think your "minor" upgrade cycle would be, time-wise? Are things getting easier?

OK V9! Love it...

Version 9.5/10

UI update . . . Modernise, add things like mouse wheel scrolling. I personally would like to just be able to set the scale to metric and use CM and MM, I understand the units but when you have models coming in from other software it would help import scaling....

Preset rigs, human, mouse, spider, horse etc... Took me ages to rig a butterfly . . . I'm not so good at it though...

Render preset . . . Window Size, Full Size and 50% full size . . . Good for 1080p projects...

Orthographic/Perspective window view.... that is not a camera window.

Function curve editor - uneven beziers, illustrator style . . . for better control over velocities etc...

Partner with Northern Lights! LOL sorry I know that may sound mad and is probably not likely but if you can ingest all their plugins and get them updated, you would have a lot of code built and a lot of extra power would be a great selling point... Also if they all previewed in the camera window properly that would be soooo helpful. I would happily pay for upgraded versions.

Online repositories for models, textures, rigs, environments etc. . .

There's more, but I'll leave you alone now! Cheers!

Great work!

M.

i promised Tomas I would 'play nice' LOL so here are a few of my thoughts about the 3d app I love the most...

MOGRAPH is where the 'users' are... visual effects etc.... EI had the architectural "car" crowd a while ago as far as tools go...

the new dynamics for a car is an amazing kiss on the lips for car animators... not a full fledged modeler... BUT... update ubershape

to include lathing and maybe another basic modeling technique or two... allow us who concept on the fly to add decent shapes quickly.

ANY animation assistants or keyframe effects... sorry to say "copy" but look at Pro Animator from Zax and how you can take groups and have

them react to commands... amazing time savers.... what may be too hard to do.... fluids... simply make your connection to real flow ROBUST and

tested..... sounds like your doing this... but either INTEGRATE or refine the existing KONK plugs... lastly... and right now most important to ME is

a rock solid displacement tool.... image to mesh.... reliable displacement on objects... ability to auto adjust a mesh to accept the requested displacement.

any other connections to After Effects is a bonus.... also if you could import Cinema 4d files you would literally rock their world.....

Promotion... some of us in LA... (ME) are ready to get EI back into the conversation with support from EI management... its up to you....